Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Experimental Piecing

Since I have not been sewing much lately,  late last night I decided to pull out some fabric and put it where I couldn't miss it.  I really had no plan. I did have a couple of ideas but when I sat at the machine they were forgotten.   I decided to just play.  I took four 2 1/2" strips and sewed them in sets of two.  Then I placed them face to face and sewed around all of the edges.  Then I said "Oops. Now what??" 

 I cut them on the diagonal both directions -so that I would get flat pieces.  Then I opened them up and saw that there were two QuarterSquare triangle units and two HalfSquare triangle units.   I pressed those open and trimmed them to the same (odd) size of 2 3/4"

I decided on a layout and sewed them together.   Then I used leftover strip pieces to create this piece.

Yes it is "less than perfect" but I really like it. It is bright and happy and  it is batik.  I am not sure what it will become, but we will see one day.   Suggestions?


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

3 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE the colors and batiks! - It looks like the perfect beginning of a placemat or table runner or full-size quilt - depending on how many more strips you have and how big you want to go - ;))

Barbara said...

Always love batiks, and the colors make me smile. This may be a perfect notebook,cover.

Quilting Gail said...

How fun!!! It looks so pretty!
It could become: a book cover, a zipper bag, part of a stuffed animal, or ... the list is almost endless!
Have fun with it!