Friday, June 26, 2020

Play Time

Sometimes, it is good to let go of expectations and just play. So I did!

I took a piece of watercolor paper and started collaging random pieces of paper onto it.  Then that was left to dry.  After it was dry, I realized that it looked  like it lacked any cohesiveness.  So I took some transparent nickel azo gold paint and glazed over the entire piece or at least most of it.   Again it was left to dry. (walking away is the hard part.) 

The next stage was adding lines.  As I walked into the area,  I said "You can add three lines to it today."   Did I succeed in keeping that?  Yes and no.  I added two lines with paint.  While I was looking for a different brush to use, I saw a blue art crayon.  It is water soluble, so if I don't like it I can remove it.  The first line, drawn onto a dark area was almost unseen.  That was washed off. Then I did another line to join two shapes.  But the muse said "more....repeat and vary that mark."  This is where yes, became "not exactly, one line."  Still, it was one set of "linework."   You will see blue arcs that echo outward (or inward depending on your perception.)    Then I walked away. 

When I returned, I liked what I was seeing, so I decided to try using a mat to crop it.  Here are those results.
1. (sorry for the flash glare.) 

2.

3.

4. Sorry this one is slightly blurred.
I see one place where I need to break up a dark area, but mostly I like this.   Which version do you like best?


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Version #1 - for no particular reason - other than it was the first one I saw - and I liked it - ;))

Barbara said...

No 2 is most pleasing for me. Love it.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like #1 best

ASouthernQuiltersJoy said...

All three are wonderful. You are one talented artist.

piecefulwendy said...

No. 2 for me. I'm enjoying seeing your work!

Barb said...

It is hard to decide because I love them all, but if I had to, one and two.