Monday, June 01, 2020

TOP of the Morning To Ya!

I hope you are having a wonderful day. Welcome to the month of June.  We are having consistently hot days here in Alabama. Sunday got up to 86 degrees Fahrenheit.  At least there was a breeze.

To be honest, I put off piecing the Bento Box quilt blocks into a top for  a couple of days.  My thoughts were that it would be time consuming to match the seams.  But when I sat down and joined the first row of blocks together, I realized that there are only the two ends and one seam to match up. Could it be that easy?  Apparently it can.   Once the blocks were all joined into rows,  it was a little bit harder to match the seams when I joined the rows.  But it wasn't difficult either. 


When I took it outside for the photos on Sunday,  I realized just how much of that breeze was blowing. I finally got the two shots below, but the quilt top was blowing in the breeze for a while.  A few times it was parallel with the ground, the wind was so brisk.   I just stood in the shade and waited for it to calm down.


Now I need to get this pretty top layered and decide on a quilting plan.  I recently saw a very simple pattern that looks complicated.  The lines are not straight, but they all run from one side of the quilt to the other (or top to bottom.)  That means that it is easier to manipulate the quilt -at least for me.  So that is one option that I will definitely consider.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

16 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Love how your top came out. Just beautiful!

Vicki W said...

I absolutely love it!

piecefulwendy said...

What a fun quilt, with all that glorious color! It was fun to have that greet me in my feed on this Monday morning. Looking forward to seeing it quilted!

diane said...

Lovely great colors in your quilt. A quilt that would brighten anyones day.

Debbie said...

Great top, great photos too! This one just seems to dance in the breeze. So much color to enjoy that the quilting will be secondary, so don't stress it!

Vicki in MN said...

I think making a Bento Box is fun. Yours is so pretty in brights! Happy quilting!

Vasudha said...

It is such a bright and beautiful quilt. I'm so tempted to make one too.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The top turned out nice!

Sandra Walker said...

The lack of seams to match surprised me as well when I made mine. Yours is such a splash of colour!

Jeanna said...

That is a beautiful quilt top, Gene. I look forward to seeing how you decide to quilt it.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the occasional mixed blocks in with the 2 tone ones. Lots to see in this graphic design.

Barbara said...

It’s a simple square design, so I struggle to figure out why it has so much movement. The answer has to be in the color placements. It’s fabulous!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE it!! Beautiful color combinations - and the "mixed-up" blocks make it sparkle!! I'm looking forward to seeing how you quilt it - ;))

Barb said...

I love this quilt, it is so fun and colorful.

Kathleen said...

That is terrific! You just went along piecing and piecing and got that top done in no time. I love it - so happy and cheerful.

Quilting Gail said...

Hi Gene,
Isn't it amazing how we can put off doing something because it just MIGHT be hard! ( and yet, matching seams are not a biggy for you!)
It's a great quilt! Nice and colourful!
I look forward to seeing how you quilt it!
Happy Quilting! :-)