Friday, May 29, 2020

Four more and a LAYOUT Plan

The final four blocks have been sewn, but not without an oops.  It would seem that after 26 blocks, I would have been able to make them right every time.  However, two halves ended up looking like this:

So I ripped them apart and sewed them again. Then I had the last four blocks completed. 

I took the blocks to Mom's (I go daily to check on her and help her with any needs she may have.) 
There I did the layout in her nice living room floor.  I am posting two photos as neither one is all that great. Mom's low ceilings don't allow me to stand on something to get a more straight on picture. 

I could have fussed with it a lot more, but I realized that I would never get it "perfect." Mom and I both like this layout so I am calling it good.  I stacked and marked the rows.  Hopefully I will get it in this configuration when I sew it together. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.






8 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

I love it! Good job

Debbie said...

Lay out turned out good! I do like the mix of the blocks.

Vicki W said...

Oh what a happy quilt!

Frog Quilter said...

Oh beautiful. I like the mixed up ones too.

Kathleen said...

Great job on the layout. There is way too much fussing we all can do, and I think this layout works really well. Love the mixed up blocks in there too!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Haha - for a "simple" block - let me count the ways we can mess it up - and if you don't do - I will! I like your layout - and agree with you on "good enough" - the next one can be "perfect" - LOL - ;))

Jeanna said...

Yes! This really is a nice and fun piece, Gene. It will be interesting to see how you quilt it.

Rhonda said...

Love the layout. Fingers crossed when you start to sew together.