Monday, May 18, 2020

Monday Bento Blocks

Monday afternoon,  it was block making time once again. After a weekend with no sewing, I was ready to do it.  Slow and steady, that is the plan.

Gathering the strips, I made a change to the plan. These are the same sets as some of the previous blocks. So I gave myself permission to mix it up a little.

The eight sections were sewn - four for each block. Every seam was pressed to the dark side. (The geeks among you will get this "They lied - there were no cookies!")  If you don't  get it don't worry it was a slightly lame attempt at a joke.

Meanwhile,  I had mentioned to another quilter that there are so many possible ways to mess up a block - and I had used most of them.

The parts were switched and I sewed block halves.

So as I was laying out the sections into the block this appeared:

Wait a minute!  That doesn't look like what I was planning to do.  Hmmmmm...
 Let me try one of the other half blocks. 
Ahhh!  that is better, now isn't it?  Now to pin and match the points.  Then sew them into blocks. 

It was relatively quick and easy to do that.  Here they are!

What you may notice is that they are alike but different.  I think I like it.   New plan, do some two color and some three color.   If I get really crazy, maybe a few four color ones also.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like your variations!! Now mine look boring - LOL - ;))

Debbie said...

A great color way. Love happy and successful mistakes.

Jeanna said...

I like that combination. I look forward to seeing this quilt come together.

Sandra Walker said...

These ARE great, and I like them too! I did a Bento Box quilt a few years ago for my nephew. I'd love to make another some day...

Barbara said...

Stunning no matter how you mix them up! Have fun!

Kathleen said...

I hate when that happens, but always glad when I catch it before the next seam. Phew...easy fix and glad you found it.