Tuesday, May 26, 2020

How do you say that backwards?

 A Left-Handed Quilter managed to sew several blocks backward. She called it a Xob Otneb.  (hint- that is bento box backwards.)
So I decided to draft up the block in EQ8 and make a quilt layout with it.  Using just the backward block, it looks like this.

I simply put the blocks in straightforward - no twisting or turning.  I also did it with just two colors.

Then I alternated the blocks with  the regular Bento Block in the same colors.

As I told her in our email, I think those would make your eyes hurt if you looked at them for long.

I decided to take the holiday weekend off from sewing.  I hope to get some blocks done soon.



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

The new rendition is eye boggling but you got to play and that’s important for your brain.

Debbie said...

Oh boy, now I am going crazy. the twist of the blocks does make the head hurt!

Barbara said...

Cant keep up with you two...going to wait for finishes and take a comment break until then. Have fun!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm glad you posted this - even though they do make my eyes hurt!! I'm going to stick to the "regular" way - thankyouverymuch - LOL - ;))

Jeanna said...

Hope your weekend was relaxing, Gene. It literally rained ALL DAY Memorial Day. I read and did a little cross stitch. Back to the sewing machine tonight if the storms pass soon.

Quilting Gail said...

Your EQ version is interesting. But I think if it was scrappy - it would be fantastic!

Can you say Xob otneB yet? ... it's actually easy if you sound it out!
You could write up a pattern for this and call it Xob otneb and people would learn and know how creative and amazing you are. (You just don't tell them how you got the name!)

Happy Quilting!