Thursday, May 28, 2020

And then there were 26!

  After prepping the final strips - cutting them to size - I started sewing more blocks.   I got four made in record time.

These are more "mixed up" blocks. The final ones will be two color blocks. But there are only four more to go. 
This stack has 26 completed blocks in it.

  I am thinking I will take them to Mom's and use her big living room hardwood floor to decide on the layout. If I get in gear in the morning, I can have them all done and ready to take over.  That way I can get them laid out and take a photo to finalize the layout. A big plus is that Mom can be involved, even if all she does is watch.  A second set of eyes is always helpful. 

I am excited to get this top together and see how it looks. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 

Linked up with What's Under Your Foot?
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I love the way the blocks look, the colours are great. I can't wait to see the completed top.

Frog Quilter said...

Love your mixed up blocks. Colorful and fun!

Debbie said...

Should be fun to experiment with layout. Mom will enjoy your antics I am sure:)

Hilachas said...

Nice colors and nice blocks. Can’t wait to see the layout you decide on.

Jeanna said...

Wow! It seems like this one came together quick...at least by my standards LOL. I look forward to seeing what it looks like all together in a quilt top.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your color combo, it's a bright and pretty project!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your color combos!! I have finally found my "groove" and making four at a time seems to work out well. I'm really looking forward to seeing your finished top - ;))

For the love of geese said...

I'm excited to see this finish. A 2nd set of eyes is always a good thing, DH laughs at me when I ask for his opinion on layouts. Glad to hear I am not the only one to ask. thank you for linking up to Put your foot down and please come back and share the finish so I wont miss it.