Sunday, May 24, 2020

Saturday "Catch-up" Time

When I started the Bento Block quilt.  My first try was one block - you know, to see how it worked out.  After that I have been making two at a time.  I tried laying them out Saturday, just to get an idea how it was working.  I realized that I had an odd number of blocks.  So, Saturday became a day to do a little catching up and evening out. This meant making three blocks.

The bottom one is a repeat block.  But for the two top ones, I decided to mix up the parts.  Since I had already mixed up another pair (and made the pair  that made me nearly crazy) I needed a few more "mixed marriage" blocks so that it looks cohesive.  Or, at least that is what I am hoping!

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

3 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Your blocks are beautiful especially the mixed up ones. Keep going as your creativity is coming out!

Kathleen said...

Its always a good approach to add a few more “outsiders” in to make them less noticeable. Sometimes a unique block or two is awesome, but for many of us it is distiurbing to the eye.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like your mixed blocks - I'm going to try to mix up my "Extras" - see what I can come up with - ;))