Monday, May 04, 2020

Squishy Delight to Brighten My Day

It was coming,  I knew it was coming.  There was a tracking number, so I even knew when it was coming.   But I didn't know for sure what would be inside. 
I did know it was "batik scraps" and Island Batik at that.  This was a prize I won from another blogger who is an Island Batik Ambassador.  So a big thanks to Denise at For The Love Of Geese.

Many of you know that I love scraps because I love making scrappy quilts.  So when Denise offered me a bunch of scraps in place of the pattern that I won, I said "Sure! that would be great."

Today I pulled this out of the mail box.  Notice that it made it to the cutting table without being ripped open!

When I carefully cut open the priority envelope there was this neat ziplock bag inside. I may have started to breathe a bit more rapidly.  My pupils may have enlarged.

Right on the outside of the bundle was this Moon and Stars fabric. 
Mmm, I love this.

The way the darker brown fades into a rusty color and back to brown makes me smile. 

Then I spread out the pieces and started looking at all of them.

Browns, tans, greens and blues.

There are strips and squares and some larger pieces.  
I want to take them all and pet them. 
I want to lay them out and see if I get some sewing inspiration. 
And of course I want to look at all of the designs up close.  

I love this squishy package. 
Thanks Denise!

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Wow - lucky you, Gene! :)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oooh - squishy mail is the BEST - and squishy mail with batiks inside is even BESTER - LOL - ;))

For the love of geese said...

So glad to make you happy. Don't forget to share me with what you make. But i thought it was more like a brick in that bag than squishy. lol

Debbie said...

That a day maker bundle! Enjoy those new possibilities.

Barbara said...

Wonderful!

Jeanna said...

Congratulations on the win, Gene. Those are some lovely batiks. I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Quilting Tangent said...

Enjoy playing/creating with your new fabrics.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You are going to have lots of fun with those scraps.