Thursday, April 30, 2020

Autoharp - not quilt related

A few days ago, I mentioned that I had ordered an autoharp.  It arrived and I have started tuning it. It is actually holding a tune better than expected.   (yaay!)

Quilting Gail said " I do hope that you show us your beginning attempts ... that way, later, you can say "look how I've improved!""

So,  here is something for you to watch and perhaps have a laugh- especially if you make it to the end  I give myself full permission to laugh at myself when I am learning something new.  It relieves some of the stress. Laughter is good for you, I am certain of it.





Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

10 comments:

djquilting said...

Very good. Especially liked your choice of song; used to sing it myself growing up.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That is a NICE autoharp!! And your strumming was great!! I liked your choice of song, too - especially the ending - blub - blub - blub - LOL - ;))

Frog Quilter said...

Thanks for the show and the laugh at the end. Wonderful.

diane said...

You picked the perfect song. My kind of music!
Did you have an autoharp before this one cause you seem to know what you're doing just fine.
I love to sing but don't sing well at all and really appreciate all those that do.

Kathleen said...

Wow, seems to me you are well on your way to enjoying your new instrument. Fun to see you enjoying yourself at the end. Sounds like you have played this before?

Pamela Arbour said...

Thanks for the entertainment. Love it. I’ve never heard it played that way

Barb said...

I love this Gene, also love the fact that you are not afraid to try new things.

Barbara said...

Watch out Grand Ol’ Opry!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I was fixing to say how great that you can remember all the words to the song when your tongue got tangled. Funny. You did way better than I could, even if I practiced for ages.

Marie said...

Hey Gene, That was great!! You need to give Brenda Lee a call and I bet she could team up for some good country fun. Actually you did great and I look forward to another concert before long ! Have a great day. Hugs, Marie