Friday, April 10, 2020

Fabulous Finish

At least that is how I feel about this finish.  It is fabulous and I love it!


The quilting on this is some of my best ever.  The rule that I set was to use only floral motifs.  The exceptions I allowed myself were the corner setting triangles and the border.  Oh yes and feathery flower motifs that I still think are close enough to the rule. Of course, it is my rule and I can break it as I see fit.  Ha ha.
 But let's step back a couple of days.  I had sewn the binding to the front and left it draped on a recliner.  I walked by and said "Wow, I did that!" when I saw the quilting on the back in the solid area.
Here are some close-ups from the front that I took while it was hanging.








And last, here is a photo of how I did the Sunshine Feather Flower.
I took an old computer disk and used it as a template.  The pink pencil is a chalk type pencil that I used to center the disk AND to mark the outline that acted as the flower spine that is sewn as you create the feather. (You do not sew it first.)

And if you are wondering, I sewed the binding to the back by hand.  It gave me some time to sit and watch a movie (and a few sitcoms) on Prime while I was doing it. The trick is to watch something that doesn't require full attention -so no action movies!

That quilt will get its spa bath (in the washing machine) later. I am sure it will look even better then.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

14 comments:

Vicki W said...

It is fabulous!

Vasudha said...

Surely fabulous! The quilting is gorgeous. The colors come together so beautifully.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You took the words right out of my mouth!! It is FABULOUS!! - ;))

Barbara said...

I don’t know how anything could make it look better, but I believe you. I am in awe of this that all it took with you twisting and turning it at your sewing machine, as I understand FMQ to be. Please, correct me if I’m wrong. It’s just hard to believe, it’s really that good.

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful Gene.

Michelle said...

I read your blog but don't usually comment. This is really one of your best quilts -- design, balanced colors, quilting....Be proud of it. Great job!!

Pamela Arbour said...

That certainly is a fabulous finish. Thanks for the tips and pics

piecefulwendy said...

You have good reason to be proud of that quilting. It's fantastic! A very pretty quilt.

Debbie said...

wonderful job in the quilting! You have come a long way. The quilt is fabulous.

Vicki in MN said...

Oh yah, ya did good Gene!! Isn't it so fun to see the great accomplishments we can do as we grow in our quilting. Enjoy it to the max!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You did a great job.

Quilting Gail said...

It is a fabulous finish!!! I love all the quilting that you did! AND that you showed us as well!!! You used a lot of pretty motifs! Very impressive!
Happy Quilting!

Kathleen said...

Wonderful job on the quilting! It is fun to make a rule, stick with it and love what you accomplished. Such a victory in the upping your quilting game.

Jeanna said...

The quilt is beautiful and the FMQ is stunning! So much to love about this one, including the colors.