Friday, April 17, 2020

Stupendous!


The class I took on Craftsy, (now BluPrint)  is called Stupendous Stitching by Carol Ann Waugh.   I have made a few pieces using the technique since then.  But, I decided to start a project to use for hand stitching during rehearsals.  Then WHAM,  quarantine happened and rehearsals were no more (for now.)  But I had lots of free time, so - why not?

I stitched in odd minutes.  
Some of it was simple straight stitches. 
but straight stitches form lines 
and lines create shapes and paths. 
Before you know it, one of those paths led me to a finish. 
Well, an almost finish.
This piece still needs to be mounted.

For the photo it was simply propped up 
(and re-propped when the wind crashed it to the ground.) 
Yesterday I did the quilting on it.  
Today I added the rattail binding around the edges. 
Hopefully I will get it mounted in a few  days. 

But.....

Isn't it Stupendous?

FYI - hand dyed fabric from Ricky Tims. Hand dyed threads by Laura Wasilowski  (and me too.)



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

YES - it IS Stupendous! - ;))

Barbara said...

I love your perfect stitching, but the second photo doesn’t show for me. I’m sure it is stupendous!

Marlene said...

Only the first photo shows Gene. I'd love to see the second since I assume it is a photo of the full piece. The close up looks great.

Marlene said...

Fabulous! It's a perfect marriage of OOAK fabric and creative stitching.

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous piece...boo blogger...hiding all the pretties from us.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Weird how Google is blocking so many photos. Nice piece of art you created. Hopefully you'll still get to have the play later this summer.

Barb said...

All I can say is WOW WOW Wow!!!!