Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Oooh I love to Dance a Little Sidestep

So I put on my dancing shoes and pulled out the empty loom.  I had a warp in a bag that had been there since April of 2018..... So roughly two years....not bad, right?  Ha ha.

This warp is from a class that I went to called "Dye that Warp Party."  We came with warps made and tied up ready to dye.  The dye we used is a thyrene dye that the teacher gets from Japan. It contains both a bleaching agent and an overdye.  That all happens in one pot, like magic.  I have never seen anything like it.   I think she had two or three colors and this one went in the "red"  bucket.   The original warp was colorful with shades of blue and yellow.  We did some resist techniques to cover parts of the warp so that those areas would not get dyed.  As you can see the bleaching agent did not totally remove the color. That resulted in some oranges and purples where the red blended with the original colors.

Warp coming over the back beam

View from the back of the loom.
The colors in this are so happy and so "me."  I will be weaving this in odd moments when I want to do something different.

I am still quilting on the colorful quilt with the batik on the back. I think that there are only six setting triangles and the outer border that need quilting, so that will be done pretty soon.  Good news!  I remembered to put the label on so that it is both sewn down and quilted onto the quilt.

Keep your head high and your hands washed. Stay home and maintain social distance when you must go out for essentials. I am going "old people shopping" tomorrow morning. I have already set the alarm. I have my mask, gloves and my pocket bottle of hand sanitizer ready to go.


PS - Angie, you are a no-reply blogger so I can't respond to your comments.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

That warp is lovely by itself! I’ll be watching to see how the curved coloring affects the final project. It’s amazing!

Angie said...

Beautiful tie dye. That's cool it happens in one bucket - wow! Glad you are staying busy and staying safe and healthy. angielovesgary2 atgmail dotcom

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That is a beautiful warp - and it IS so "you"!! I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out - ;))

Kathleen said...

Oh, that is going to be gorgeous! I look forward to watching it become woven magically before our eyes!

Quilting Gail said...

So so pretty!!!
I was staring at the colours and thinking of the magic that occurred as you put the piece in the dye. I love how it didn't "take" and you got the purples and oranges in the mix!
Looking forward to seeing this become a woven piece of fabric!
Happy weaving & quilting! :-)

Kathleen said...

so pretty

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Pretty warp