Wednesday, April 22, 2020

A Small Morning Project

A few days ago, I posted a placemat that I made for a Placemat Challenge that was posted by Carole at My Carolina Home.  Today I am showing a second one.

A couple of days ago I put together three panels that make a full quilt.  In the process I had to trim the panels.  I put all the odd batting edges and fabric scraps into a bag, fully intending to put them out with the garbage.  The garbage went out but the bag accidentally got left behind. ( Who was it that said "there are no accidents" ?)
Today I rummaged through the bag and gathered the various pieces of fabric from the pieced backing of that quilt.  Then I started sewing random pieces together. I had a couple of jelly roll strips and a few batik pieces near the sewing machine, so they were fair game also.

This is the front of this placemat.

Since the pieces were largely from a quilt with a pieced backing, how could I resist piecing the backing for this too.  Here is the back of the placemat - or, as I like to think of it, the other front.



I did simple straight (ish) line quilting so that I didn't have to change the foot on my machine.  I used some of the strips that were left for a binding.

Are you doing the Placemat Challenge?


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Awesome, reversible!!

Barbara said...

I agree, it was a perfect rescue of something you were ready to toss out. Actually, I find it hard to believe you planned to throw anything out. You are usually very resourceful! I think “there are no accidents” was reminding you to keep on being resourceful. 😁

Jeanna said...

"The Other Front"...love it! I've not heard of the challenge and really do not need one more thing on my plate at the moment but.... hmmmm :)

Barb said...

What an accidental save!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like "The Other Front" - two for one - ;))

Barbara said...

Looking at thee again, wondering if I should do some rummaging! They are great.

Debbie said...

Quite reversible! This is great!

Marie said...

Great save, love that it is colorful!! Have a great day and stay safe. Hugs, Marie

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have a couple of ladies in my large guild that collect all of our scraps to fill dog beds for the shelters. I'll have a couple of bags for them when this is all over. Cute mini!