Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Approximately 380

That is how many inches of binding I made for this quilt.  The quilt has been floating around my home studio for several years. I think I started piecing the blocks in 2013.  It was quilted in three pieces.  That was finished in 2018.  Can you tell this is a "slow process" quilt?

One of the reasons for the slow process was the batting I used.  I was trying to use an inexpensive polyester batting that I got locally.  I really never enjoyed doing the quilting on it. And sadly the problems I had with it show up in the quilting. It is not my best work.

Nevertheless,  I joined the three pieces with joining strips that I had made -and actually labeled and saved all this time.  It is one rather large quilt. On my queen bed, it has a nice drop at the foot and on both sides. 
I decided on a brown binding to go with the borders on the quilt.  I didn't audition it as it was dark brown - but it doesn't match.  "C'est la vie"  or in Spanish "Es lo que hay"


Meanwhile, housebound boredom set in and I both colored and cut my hair - in that order.  Fair disclosure, I worked in the beauty industry for a number of years. So I do have some skills in that area.
Here's looking at YOU, kid. 
As you may see, I am not the king of selfies.  I usually look like a doofus in them. I took ten and this was the best. (scary huh?)

Hang in there folks.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative
in whatever way works for your
Quarantined Sanity.


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

380 inches seems like a mile when you're making binding doesn't it? I like your choice of brown - even if it doesn't match - the darker brown will look just fine. Nice hair color and cut - and your selfies are much better than mine - good thing my quarantined sanity does NOT include them - LOL - ;))

Frog Quilter said...

Finished is better than perfect. At least it can be enjoyed now. If you close your eyes you won’t see any imperfections.

I thought that was your natural hair color!

Barbara said...

Lol, your not best work would definitely be my very best!

Barb said...

Great job on the hair. I am letting mine go grey......oh boy. I understand about the poly batting...I don't like it either.