Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Total insanity - Three Color Bento Blocks

On Tuesday,  after a regular 6-month check-up with my doctor,  I decided to expand the possibilities and make some three color Bento Blocks.

Let me just say, probably not a good idea unless you have a design wall right next to your machine,
and you are very comfortable with the block construction.

Do I need to mention that I had quality time with the seam ripper?

Here is my strip pull with the colors that will be sewn together placed together.

Purple and pink,  purple and green, pink and blue, green and blue.

Yes, it seems simple enough doesn't it?

After I cut all the pieces according to the cutting plan in the pattern, I laid out the blocks. 
I looked again - No, that isn't right. 
Hmmm...after three tries I think I got it right. 
(I should have taken failure photos)
 I tried mixing the colors as I wanted them to be and - my brain couldn't seem to do it. 
So for simplicity I made eight quarter blocks - and I sewed the long strip
on the wrong side of three of those. 

I sewed all the quarter sections, fixed the errors, pressed them flat 
and then
I put the blocks together with the light colors mixed. 
I didn't like that at all. 
So I kept the same light color in each block and mixed the darks. 
I like it but it is not something I will do again.


These two will end up somewhere in the layout, I just hope they don't look out of place.

Wednesday, if I get time to sew, I plan to do simple two color blocks!


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Being only two, I think they will add interest! If you don’t like it, your seam ripper is close by.😂

Pamela Arbour said...

I don't really see a problem. It will be fine. Only you will know.

Jeanna said...

Well those proved to be an adventure. It will be interesting to see how they play with the other blocks when you lay them all out.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I feel your pain!! It's a "simple" block - but if it can be done "wrong" - either you have done it - or I have - at least once - LOL - ;))