Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Taming the Pile

There were a number of strips left in my Bento Box pile.  So, on Tuesday, I decided to tame that pile.  I pressed all the center seams out and any wrinkled areas on the strips.  Then I cut the selvedges off of every strip and cut the 6.5" sections from them all. 
Next up, I sewed the pairs together.  I put them all in this tray that I saved from a discarded (worn out) toaster oven.


They are all sorted and ready for sewing.  I should be able to get them all sewn in a couple of days, barring any delays.

After doing that, I sewed two more blocks.
I was planning to mix the two but I quickly realized that the two greens would touch each other and there just wasn't a great enough value difference.  So they are simple two color blocks - as the pattern dictates.

I am still enjoying making music on the various instruments that I (attempt to) play.  Mom and I are still doing "safe at home" as we are both over 60 and have issues that put us at greater risk. 

I hope you are staying as safe as possible.  Life is good and we should do our best to prolong it.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Another nice set of blocks. Keep going as I want to see the top....

Jeanna said...

I love the organization you have implemented. You made great use of the toaster oven tray...I would have never thought of that. Good for you and your mom. I hope she had a great birthday.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE seeing your block color combinations. Cookie sheets/trays are great for organizing matched up pairs of strips and block pieces - they're my "not so secret weapon" - LOL - ;))

Kathleen said...

Safe at home is smart, and necessary, for many of us. Your organization looks terrific and these will be done in no time. Glad you are still enjoying the instruments!