Saturday, May 23, 2020

Friday Blocks

These two blocks are "twins" to  blocks that I made earlier in the process.  I am sure that will start to happen more as the quilt top progresses.

Meanwhile, the toilet issue seems to finally be finished. I put the "just in case" towel that I was keeping on the floor behind the tank in the evening wash.    I am so blessed to have a brother who helps me when I need him.   This is a bittersweet memory, but one of the last times we spoke to Dad as a family when he was in ICU,  he said "Y'all take care of each other."
It is the last thing I really remember that he said.   The three people standing at his bedside were Mom, my brother and I.   It makes me happy to say that we are honoring that request day by day.

Friday was Mom's birthday.  The same three of us sat on her porch - appropriately distanced and ate her birthday lunch.  She had one of her favorite meals.  I also made a sugar-free lemon loaf and topped each slice with a drizzle of raspberry syrup that I made with preserves that I had canned. We had a lovely time and enjoyed the time together.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Your blocks are looking good. Those precious memories make life right.

Kathleen said...

The blocks look good and glad the tp crisis is over. We never got very low, but it was getting disconcerting. How lovely to have a celebration for your mom’s birthday...so sweet the love and care she gets from you.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your blocks are coming along nicely. It will be fun to see how your top looks compared to mine. Right now I think yours will be pretty and mine will be boring - LOL. I'm glad you and your brother were able to have lunch with your Mom on her birthday - lemon loaf with raspberry drizzle sounds YUNNY!! - ;))

Quilting Gail said...

Your blocks look great!

I'm so glad that you were able to celebrate your Mom's birthday! The loaf with raspberry sounds divine!