Monday, June 15, 2020

Another Painting Exercise

Painting exercises are a great way to prime the creative pump.  Over the course of three or four days, I did an exercise from the book Celebrate Your Creative Self by Mary Todd Beam.  This exercise was titled "Tissue Florals" - which immediately makes me think of making tissue paper flowers.  But the title was a bit misleading.  I followed the instructions (for the most part) using gesso, rice paper and paint on watercolor paper.  The paint I used is acrylic. Although there are some added bits done with Inktense pencils, Caran D'Arche water soluble crayons, and pencil.

This is the resulting piece from my play time.

It doesn't look like a floral at all in my opinion - and that is fine with me. 

I am curious to see what -if anything - you see in it.

One of my friends posted about a free painting course called "Find Your Joy"  that is hosted by Louise Fletcher.  You can find the information about it here if you are interested in joining.  But join right away if you want to join because the course starts today June 15, 2020.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

11 comments:

Debbie said...

First impression....a river flowing thru hills and peaks. Cool and refreshing is my take on it! Great escape to play with.

Barbara said...

I love the colors and the crinkly look. I only see one thing and it’s a stretch, but you know how I gravitate toward faces. Upper left about 1/3 across top, a pointed head white ghost with eyes closed.Lol!

Barbara said...

WAIT...there’s more. Flip it upside down and there’s clearly a blue bull in profile, a smidgen to right top of mid center. Another face minus right eye is in lower left corner bluish area. Neat!

Kathleen said...

I love the way it looks. Kind of reminds me of fanciful stones with the streak through them. Much more abstract, and looks like you are having fun!

diane said...

Can't give you my thoughts on what it looks like, because all I see is loveliness and creativeness.
Wonderful wall art.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

All I see is beautiful soothing colors in harmonious organic shapes. Wonderful!

Marlene said...

I love the feel of this work. At first I didn't see anything but now I see a mature woman. She is standing at the far left of your paper with her hands behind her back. She has blonde/yellow hair in a upswept hairdo. She's looking towards the right hand side of your paper. She is wearing a deep burgundy dress that is belted at the waist.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I love the combination of colors - I see a blue/purple pear under a pink/yellow/gray rock - LOL - ;))

Quilting Gail said...

Very pretty!
I see a blue bell on a white Christmas tree with pink and yellow lights ...
Well, you asked ....
Happy Creating! :-)

Rhonda said...

I see a view from above which looks like colorful mountain peaks and portions of land.....you know how strange I am....hehehehehehe

Jeanna said...

I really like the colors in this piece. Like Debbie, I see a green river.