Friday, July 23, 2021

Internet Blues - Website Issues

The company I have used for several years to host my website has gone up so high that I decided to drop the hosting service.  Honestly my website isn't drawing many visitors and I don't make money from it.  So paying for hosting was a "vanity" thing that I can live without.  I have uploaded my website to a free hosting server but have not managed to get my URL (geneblack.com) to work yet.  It should be simple - but it isn't. 

So if you went to http://blog.geneblack.com on July 23rd in the afternoon - you may have gotten an error message.   GOOD NEWS - I am all right, I am still here.   

That said,  you may try to visit my site in coming days and get error messages. I am determined to make it work. Or at least spend hours trying to make it work. 

For now, I think you can get here by either http://blog.geneblack.com OR http://artbygene.blogspot.com


This picture is one of my favorite small art quilts. I just thought it would be nice to have a pretty picture in this post. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

I got here just fine-love this piece Gene

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I keep getting the error message on your old site - but I got here using the new address. Hopefully you can get it resolved quickly - ;))

Linda Swanekamp said...

The costs for a webpage, internet service, etc. are crazy. I don't like Google, but I keep using it for my blog because the other services make it cost prohibitive. Love the little quilt.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That is a great little art quilt. I got here thru my blogger dashboard like I normally do. I wondered yesterday, when it kept showing the same blog post, over and over, on my dashboard, but said that post wasn't there when I clicked on it. I just thought you were editing that post, or setting it up to show up at a later time. I did cut and paste the http://blog.geneblack.com link you gave. It reverts to https://artbygene.blogspot.com/ when I used it.

Julie Fukuda said...

Well, I never got to pick anything about my blog, because my son made it by scanning my paper diary. Just about the time I figure out how to write a post, Mr. Google goes and changes everything ... and my computer guru us on the other side of the big pond. I am only glad I didn't have to jump through new hoops to read your post,(of course, whether a comment goes through or not, I always get a message saying I have been blocked.)

Barbara said...

Shows up as always in my reading list. Workarounds are great especially when they work.