Monday, July 19, 2021

Scraps Becoming

The pieces from the last post have been added to and joined into one big block.  I still have no idea what it will become.  Nevertheless,  I love it. 
Do you see the accidental word in the lower right corner? 
That was totally unplanned. 
I love to see what "shows up" when I just play with scraps.
The red bits were a cut from the selvedge side of the fabric.
I trimmed off the selvedge bit and used what was left. 
This is roughly a twelve inch block. 
I am thinking maybe, just maybe a small medallion quilt.
Maybe 24" to 30" square or rectangular.
It could go on a wall or a table. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Uh, oh, your block is talking to you. I love the combos also.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

HI - LOL - it's looking good!! I say keep going - add an improv border and get it up to wall hanging size - it will say HI to you every time you see it - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

What a pleasant and unique surprise Hi

Barbara said...

Hi back to you! Colorful and lively. A medallion quilt sounds good. Since you mentioned that idea to me for my string blocks. I’ve proceeded to make my king size quilt a “medallion quilt” of sorts. We shall see if it truly ends up that way since I’m making this quilt design up as I go.

Kathleen said...

That is fun. Love the little word that showed up. I think a medallion is the perfect way to go with this piece.

Quilting Gail said...

Hi!!!
Sew fun!!!