Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Quilting Again

Finally I have stopped working on the website issues long enough to get the little quilt top layered and basted.   Then I did some ditch quilting on it.  I stayed mostly in the ditch but as you can see next to the presser foot in this photo - there were momentary bobbles out of the ditch.  
Oops!

However,  my rule for that is  - if the stitches are good and it won't be noticeable from across the room, leave it in and keep going.   Once the ditch quilting was done (enough for my purposes)  I started quilting. Here is the beginning. 

I am quilting with the same gray thread that showed slightly on the blue where it bobbled out of the ditch.  Once I quilt that blue inner border, that will be well hidden. Right now I am thinking maybe pebbles in that skinny border.  Most of the quilting is whatever I think of as I am doing it.  For me, that is just more fun - and this piece is nothing if not fun. From the fabrics to the random piecing and now to the quilting, this piece has a joy and freedom.  

If you want to check out the new website, it should be at https://www.geneblack.com/ (or maybe I messed up again and you get an error. ARRRRGH!)

Right now the link " blog.geneblack.com "  doesn't seem to be working for me.  But the original blog URL https://artbygene.blogspot.com/ is still working just fine.  


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your quilting - and the "make it up as you go along" style. Your new website works nicely - and the first photo I saw was of the ""Three Sunflowers" painting that is sitting on a shelf in my studio. I smile every time I see it - ;))

Barbara said...

Oh wow, between you and Kitty, I really need to think ahead for my king quilt in progress! You are both SO good at machine quilting, and I need another way. Perhaps I’ll figure out a fancy way to tie it. Lol! I am getting to your posts just fine. I added the new url to my reading list, no problems.

Barbara said...

PS…I don’t see “Three Sunflowers” though.

Quilting Gail said...

I got here through the link: https://www.geneblack.com/
So it's working!
I Love your rule!!! Very similar to mine! Besides, why stress about it!
Happy Quilting!

Jeanna said...

Your link worked well for me, Gene. I was also able to click "Blog" and it brought me right to this post. Lovely quilting, by the way :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The link worked great!