Wednesday, July 07, 2021

What is next?

After finishing the plaid quilt.  I haven't sewn much at all.  I did take in the waistline of a couple more pair of jeans.   But I started looking through all of my UFOs trying to decide what to do next.  I found a couple of quilt tops that really need to be quilted.  

First up is this one from -oh my goodness - March 2018

I love the variety of colors - and the fact that it is set in a black background.  

Then there is this one, from (yikes!) February 2015. 

I love it a lot but it is a bit bigger than I want to quilt on my domestic machine. I need to find a reasonably priced longarm quilter that I can get to quilt it. Someone local would be great, but I don't know of any.  I do know it deserves to be quilted. 

In the end, I didn't make any firm decisions. But I have a better idea what projects I have hidden about waiting to be finished. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Gene, I didn't know you had any UFOs! They are nice looking and well worth quilting. Have you considered quilting that larger one by doing the midsection first with batting and backing and then adding the batting and backing to the top and quil it and then the bottom? That wouldn't have much fabric bunch under your machine. I have a sitdown longarm but I have been thinking about doing that to larger ones just because they are so heavy and bulky to move around.

Barbara said...

Very nice UFOs! Worth finishing no matter how you decide. Reminding me of the one I’m working on that is being made up as I go. Although yours definitely show some planning. 😄

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with UFOs that old - LOL! They definitely deserve to be quilted - and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. And good for you - taking in the waistline on some jeans - that's awesome! - ;))

Jeanna said...

I'm a bit surprised your found UFOs....are you sure they are yours? LOL I bet if you just chipped a way a little a time on the bigger one you could quilt it yourself...but I also understand not wanting to :)

Vicki W said...

My oldest UFO is from 1998! You still have lots of time for these!