Friday, July 16, 2021

Scrappy Play

When I have been sewing, a pile of scraps always builds up on my sewing table, ironing board, and yes, some of it is on the floor.   The stack on my cutting table was taunting me.  I needed to clean it up.  But instead, I grabbed some of the pieces and went to the ironing board.  Hmmm.... there were some more pieces there.  I got them all reasonably flat and went back to the sewing machine.   Some relatively mindless sewing time later,  I had these fun pieces. 

Where is this going?  What will it be?  Who knows?  Mostly it was just some fun sewing time. Whatever it becomes will be fun and whimsical.  And I love these  unplanned pieces made from some "throwaway" scraps.  (Of course you know that I rarely throw away any scraps. And this is exactly why!)

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE it! I see another notebook cover or two - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

I waas thinking the same thing! Notebook cover! You have made an impression with those. I am sure you would have some extra yarn around for embellishments?

Barbara said...

You can never have too many notebook covers, each one OOAK!

Vicki W said...

I see another notebook cover. Or in my situation a drawstring bag!😆

Quilting Gail said...

Total freedom and fun!!!

Kathleen said...

Good way to play, Gene!