Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Borders Added

My fun braided table-runner now has borders on it.
Choosing the fabric was much easier than I expected. 
The piece I used was already pressed and laying out as if it 
were ready to use just for this project. 
I did consider one other piece of fabric but decided that there 
might not be enough of it.  Lucky me!
This one was perfect.  
There is still a bit of squaring up to do, but I love the 
choice for borders.  Choosing backing and binding may be
more time consuming.  Ha ha
The hand dyed fabric here works delightfully with the batiks

You see, I have decided to use the fabric I love NOW.
I realize that I only have so much time on this earth.
I can use the fabrics I love first and then use the others, 
if I last that long. 
I have a good amount of fabric. 
Plus, I always enjoy shopping for more, 
or winning more. (wink) 
These batiks are from my most recent win. 

Use those fabrics that you love - if you "save them" for 
something special, they may outlast you.
And your family may put them in a yard sale. 
(Horrors, imagine that fabric you loved selling for 
fifty cents a yard!) 
Use it now.  You KNOW you will buy more.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

A fun post! You have lots of binding color choices. A yard sale, horrors!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your table runner is beautiful! Using your best/favorite fabric NOW is a good idea - ;))

Barb said...

This table runner is just so fun, I just might have to make it. I have been using all my fabrics up....I have whittled them down some "some"...haha my sister keeps sending me fabric and I keep buying from her.....she is evil....I want to finish projects and she sends me ideas or fabric...evil I tell you.

Vicki W said...

It turned out very pretty!