Wednesday, April 06, 2022

Working on a UFO

In January of this year, I attended an online "Stitch Camp."  In that class, we painted fabric and then cut it apart and sewed parts of it back together.    Today that piece is in the process of becoming a notebook cover. 

Today I finished piecing the top. Then I layered and quilted it in a way that I hope doesn't detract from the original painting.  
This is the cover prior to assembly.  The assembly work will have to wait a bit as I have other things that I must do today. We are expecting severe weather so I need to secure a few outdoor item and "batten down the hatches."  I sincerely hope that all of this is unnecessary.  But it is better to be prepared for the worst. 

If you don't remember the original piece that I showed on my blog, here is that photo.

I thought I had photos of the two original painted pieces, but at this time, I can't locate them.  C'est la vie!

Wait!! I found this one  at least. 
We did one left with lots  of white space and one with more color. 
This is the 'white space' version. You can find part of it in the 
cover fabrics.



Friday,  if all goes well, I will be posting a new Friday Faceoff photo.  This will be a different type of face and I really had fun making it. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your painted fabric is REALLY nice - and will make a terrific book cover! I hope your weather preparation are unnecessary - but it is good to be ready. I'm looking forward to seeing your new "face" - ;))

Barbara said...

Cool, Gene, with lots of blues! I always like those. I’m sure the class was fun!

Jeanna said...

Love the painted fabric, Gene. I hope your weather isn't too bad, stay safe.

DVArtist said...

I so love this! You have a good artist mind.