Friday, April 29, 2022

Friday Face Off April 29, 2022

Welcome to the Friday Face Off for this week.   This is becoming a regular thing for me. I love playing in the clay and paint.  For me, it is just fun and not too mentally taxing.  I think of it as a "no rules" playdate with myself.   
 Nicole at DVArtist and sometimes Barbara at Artistic Living post clay faces on Fridays for the "Friday Face Off."   So, naturally I want to offer you the opportunity to see what they are doing also.  We each have different styles. 

For this week my face is different.  It is different from the ones I have been making but even more it is different than what I "intended" to make.  And yes, I do love it.  Here are a couple of different angles on it. 

You may be able to tell that I used an iridescent paint on this.  To be transparent and honest with you, I first colored parts of it with Sharpie markers. I wasn't totally happy with that so I added a layer of the pearl iridescent paint over it except for the eyes, which I like.  But the iridescent paint muted the colors too much.  So, more paint was added - being careful to use mostly transparent colors (except for the lips.)   I am rather pleased with the outcome.  I hope I can insert a video here so that you can get a better idea about the look of the iridescent paint.  



Here is the collection of faces I have created since starting this challenge. 





Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun face. She reminds me of an aunt of mine. IT's nice to think of her, so thanks for that little brain tickle. Happy end of May.

Barbara said...

I love the look of iridescent paint! I never used that, may have to get some and try it. The expression is priceless, one of total surprise. It makes me think she just looked in a mirror! Great job, Gene! This is a fun addicting challenge, isn’t it?

Jeanna said...

Looks like you are really enjoying this challenge. You're creating quite a collection...or village.

Gillena Cox said...

Hi Gene
Happy you dropped in and linked up at Art For Fun Friday.

Your clay faces are very interesting. Enjoyed the post of your video showing up all the different angles of one of the faces.

much💛love

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - I LOVE the expression - and the iridescent paint! This challenge is producing some very interesting results - ;))

dsnake1 said...

I don't work with clay, but i find the faces interesting. I also like how you describe the process. :)

Su-sieee! Mac said...

You’ve made pretty cool, and friendly, faces! It makes me want to try.