Friday, April 22, 2022

Friday Face Off

Once again I have had some time playing in the clay.  Nicole at DVArtist and sometimes Barbara at Artistic Living post clay faces on Fridays for the "Friday Face Off."   As I had a stash of polymer clay, I decided to join in and make faces too.  I think this is number 6 for me. 

Today's face is more of a tribal mask type face.   I made the face with white clay and I used some polymer beads for the eyes, but then decided to paint over them anyway.  I call that "artist's choice" while working. 

I think this face is fun and whimsical.  I reminds me of some masks that I saw in Mexico in a museum. 

Honestly, I just went wild with the paint and had fun. 
Once I got started my "plans" went out the window.  

I could not resist transforming the photo into black and white.

Ha, now I think I need to go back to Mexico and visit that museum
once again for more inspiration. Or maybe I can find the photos I took 
while I was there previously.  

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

awesome

Barbara said...

Very cool, Gene! Are you sure you aren’t from Philadelphia? This reminds me of Mummers costumes. OR, might you be from New Orleans? Mardi Gras shows in this face too. All of that said, we create according to where we have been and you’ve been to Mexico. So indeed, that works too. Amazing imagination! Isn’t it fun to just let go and work with wild abandon?!

My name is Erika. said...

Cool face Gene. I'm heading over from Barbara's blog. It's a very fun challenge you 3 are doing.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This certainly does look like one of those masks from Mexico. Great job.






Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry, my cat decided to hit the enter key about the time I was publishing this.

DVArtist said...

Very nicely done Gene. Yes, very tribal and ready for a ceremony. Have a lovely day.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE it - it's very creative and very colorful - ;))

Granny Annie said...

Best work is always when plans go out the window. good job.