Monday, May 02, 2022

A Musical Interlude

I know that a lot of my readers have started wondering why I haven't been posting as much. 
The simple fact is that I am not sewing as much, because I am spending more of my 
time practicing and learning music. For me, it is easy to pick up the ukulele or the 
autoharp and work on a song or a technique in those odd minutes. On a rare
occasion, I will even record myself playing and singing. 
I am quite aware that I make a few mistakes, but it is for enjoyment, not for 
professional work.  In that spirit, I offer you this song that I learned 
after hearing it sung by the writer on YouTube. The song rang true. 
The writer, in talking about writing the song, said, "I wrote this in a bar in Kentucky, 
apparently visibly crying."  So if you see me "choke" slightly during this, 
know that when I get "into" a song, I feel the emotions. 
I hope you enjoy it, and if you don't- don't tell me.



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

Alice said...

Wonderful.

Barbara said...

Nice…a nice rendition of a gentle song.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with Alice and Barbara - it was wonderful and a very nice rendition of a gentle song. I always enjoy your "musical interludes" - ;))

Jeanna said...

You play and sing so well, Gene. I enjoyed the video very much!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice song, well played. I love the quilt behind you, too.