Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Mounting Quilt Art

One thing that elevates quilt art to a higher level is  the method by which it hangs.  I have chosen to mount my face series on canvases so that they hang just like a painting.   After adding a fused binding to "The Two Sisters,"  it was mounted on a black canvas - black to match the binding.  This makes it "pop off the wall" in the same way a painting does.  It also allows a standard "picture wire" hanging method. 


The binding was cut with a wavy edged rotary blade and fused into place. It was then sewn down to insure that it remains firmly attached. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

WOW! The black binding and frame sets it off nicely! - ;))

Barbara said...

Looks awesome!

Jeanna said...

Gene, this piece is incredible!! A true piece of art that should be in a gallery.

Vicki in MN said...

You've been busy. It looks great mounted on the canvass. I am wondering how you attached it to the canvass?

Kit said...

they make me smile! love it!!
...and genius hanging idea.

Quilting Gail said...

The are cute. I never thought of mounting a quilt on a canvas - that's a great idea!