Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Old Project/New Life

While straightening up some things and putting my workspace in just a bit better order, I found a plastic folder with a bunch of 7" quilt blocks and some charm squares.   Here are the blocks:
I vaguely remember making these but I don't remember the plan. 
So I tried a layout and found that I had 15 completed blocks.
Hmmmm. 
So I decided to make 5 more for an even 20. That will allow me to do a 
nice 4 by 5 block layout.  And I will likely add some sashing. 
Of course that will require choosing some sashing fabric and 
considering whether or not I want to add cornerstones to the mix. 
There are still some charm square left, so that is a possibility
for the cornerstones. 

Here are the five new blocks.

You may notice that the design is a bit simpler than the previous ones. 
I plan to place one in the center and use the other four as corner blocks.
However, once I lay it out, I reserve the right to make a different decision. 
((grin))

I have a new "Friday Face Off" post coming on Friday. 
I hope you stop by then to see it and comment. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oooh, nice find! Charm squares have SO many possibilities! Can't wait to see where your creativity leads - ;))

Quilting Gail said...

The simpler blocks will look great with the more complex ones!
It's fun to see what you're working on!