Monday, May 23, 2022

The Blocks are Sashed and Joined

In some odd minutes that occasionally went for more than an hour...... I managed to get the "lost and found" blocks sashed and joined into one piece. 

Could the layout have been different?  Sure, but each time I moved one block
I needed to move two more. So I got it in place and started sewing. 
Even with a "careful" layout, one row managed to get scrambled.  This 
was discovered only as I was starting to sew the two halves together.
Seriously,  it looks just fine this way and now I can't tell you which column 
or row is scrambled.  And it really doesn't matter. 

Next up for this one is to decide on outer border/borders fabric and get those
sewn on to finish the top. Then it will either get quilted OR go in the 
"to be quilted" pile - and there are a few there. They taunt me when I 
pass by. One or two were quilt along quilts where I didn't have time
when I finished them to quilt them.  

This quilt will be a nice baby sized quilt. The only parts that really 
call out for special quilting are the squares with solid centers. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

I made a quilt for my daughter that has an error I discovered when in progress. It hangs on her wall now, and for years each time I see it, I cannot find that error! This indeed “looks just fine this way”. Good luck never seeing the scrambled layout again!

DVArtist said...

Gene this is simply stunning. I made one quilt in my life. I had no idea what I was doing. It turned out pretty nice but I swore I would never make another. So your talent is very impressive. Have a great day.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - it doesn't really matter - it looks GREAT just the way it is - ;))

Jeanna said...

Looks great to me, Gene.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I can't find anything that should have been moved. It looks fine to me.

Quilting Gail said...

The sashing and cornerstones are perfect! Love them!

Pamela Arbour said...

I couldn't see what you were talking about. I like scrappy so this one looks great to me!

Vicki W said...

This will be a very nice and happy baby quilt.