Friday, July 08, 2022

Friday Face Off July 8, 2022

I have been somewhat lazy this week and only started a new face on Thursday.  So today will be a "flashback Friday" face for me.   And since we are in July,  why not "Christmas in July" also?

Several years ago, I took a watercolor class on portraits. That inspired me to paint a few faces. So for a Christmas card that year,  I decided to make a Santa Claus card.  It isn't great but it is a face! 
The eyes are probably my favorite part of this painting.

The Friday Face Off is hosted by DVArtist.  Clicking that link will take you to 
her blog.  It is a great opportunity to see how various people interpret the 
"Face Off" challenge. 


PS  I have finished quilting the small quilt 
It still needs a binding but I will show it to you soon. 





Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

13 comments:

Barbara said...

I also love this Santa, Gene. He has such a peaceful face, the eyes are my favorite too!

My name is Erika. said...

It's a good face Gene. I like a Santa with a strong face. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

sirkkis said...

He has the kind eyes; I like them. Do you know Santa is living in our Lapland of Finland 😉 Children all over the world send him letter for theyr presents wishes🎁🛷⛸️

Carola Bartz said...

I do like your Santa, but I think he looks a bit exhausted. Maybe he just returned to the North Pole and the reindeer were naughty. He needs a glas of wine and sit by the fire. His eyes tell entire stories of what he experienced.

Jeanna said...

Such a sweet Santa face. I like the eyes but the lips are also appealing to me. Look forward to seeing your quilt soon.

Granny Annie said...

Love Santa's eyes and nose. He looks like the cheerful soul he should be.

Mae Travels said...

That's a sad-looking Santa!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rain said...

I love the colours on your quilt Gene! Your Santa face is lovely though he looks a little sad, maybe he misses Christmas? ☺☺ You did a great job, and yes the eyes look fabulous. It's not easy to paint a face, especially with watercolor, great piece!

DVArtist said...

I have been waiting for today to see your, "older" art. He is AWESOME!!!! You are right you nailed the eyes. My watercolor instructor said if you nail the eyes everything else falls into place. I am not ready for Christmas but I do love this face. Thank you Gene for joining in Friday Face Off.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE your Santa's face - I'm not ready for Christmas yet, either - but it will be here before we know it - ;))

Christine said...

Very nice!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I love your Santa and I was just thinking how awesome the eyes were when I read your comment that they were your favorite part. I think he is a wonderful Santa. You say he isn't great, but he really is ... very endearing :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

Barb said...

What an awesome Christmas card, and you are right, the eyes are facinating.