Sunday, July 10, 2022

Quilted, Not Bound - and A Start

Yes, I did finish quilting the baby quilt.  With all the flowers on this one, I am sure it will make some little girl quite happy. Although, the colors are so happy and bright that I think little boys will like it too. 
It is still in need of binding, and I have not decided on which fabric to use. 


I also started (barely) on a new face.  I put the red background behind it, 
but the more I looked at it,  the more I thought "not enough contrast!" 


So I decided to choose a different fabric for the background. 
This background gives a much stronger contrast.
It makes me happier, and perhaps it will inspire me to 
continue with the process.  (Confession:  the featureless face has
been on my quilting table for several days now, just looking sad
and alone.  Hopefully, I will start the eyes soon.  That always
gets me in a great mood to do all of the rest of the facial 
features and start adding hair.  
I love doing the hair, because it is 
just "play with shapes and do something wild."
 





Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree- MUCH better contrast! I like your "curved" two-fabric faces - they have such depth - and you make it look effortless. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this one - ;))

DVArtist said...

Girl or boy would love this quilt. It is simply stunning. The colors and design feel so clean are crisp. Just wonderful. Ohhhh I can't wait to see this face. You were right more contrast on the second choice. Have a great day, Gene.

Quilting Gail said...

The quilt looks great!
My son once told me, "Boys like flowers, too!" :-)

Barb said...

Some little one will love the beautiful baby quilt.