Friday, September 01, 2023

Friday - Quilt is Finished!

My latest project, the quilt for my bed is finished.  I finally got photos of it made to show you. 

First the front of the quilt
I love the variety of fabrics, the wild piecing, the orphan block areas, a couple of "special to me" fabrics - I love all of it. 

Now the back
There are some special fabrics on the back also. 
There are hand dyed fabrics, batiks, and somewhere near the center there is a piece that I stamped with a leaf stamp that I carved.  

The joining strips on this are not so obvious as they are scrappy, just like the quilt. The binding is also scrappy. 

Now as it IS Friday, I need a face to join the Face Off group. 
Here is one where you might recognize that guy in the middle:

That is one of my distant cousins in the center playing with his band. 
Left to right: Jason Mowrey,  Clint Black, and Hayden Nicholas

They really put on a good show. 
Here is a close up of Jason:


I was fortunate to be on the third row for this show, so I got a few good photos. 

I am linking up with DVArtist/Nicole for the Friday Face Off

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

19 comments:

roentare said...

The quilt looks so impressive! Love your choice of colours too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Gene, I LOVE your quilt, what a beauty. Really fascinating. May it keep you warm and safe through many nights and days. Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

This is some very beautiful quilt!
Have a happy Friday.

Gillena Cox said...

Your quilt is very interesting
Happy Friday.

Much🖤love

Jeanna said...

Oh Gene. I absolutely love your quilt. The fabrics are scrappy but it all works well together. Congratulations on this beautiful finish.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Me, too! I LOVE your quilt! And I didn't realize that you were related to Clint Black - so you're not the only famous one in the family - ;))

Tom said...

...the front of the quilt is killer! We went to a Shinyribs Band concert Thursday night.

My name is Erika. said...

Your quilt
Came out amazing Gene. And that concert looks like fun! Happy
Long weekend

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

A lot of work went into that quilt. Very nice! I'm not fond of some pieced backings but I like yours. I think the fact that it has 3 sections makes the layout more balanced.

DVArtist said...

Ohhhhh that quilt is stellar. I mean I can't take my eyes off of it. What a talent you have. I am so impressed and admire you. So the music is a family thing! Jason is talented in his own right. Looks like a great show. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a great weekend.

Barbara said...

The happiest of posts, a quilt than ever stops pleasing to the sound of fabulous music!

Katrina said...

I've never been brave enough to do a scrap quilt like that - yet! Maybe someday :-D

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your quilt is out of this world. It is a real beauty and I absolutely LOVE it. Even the back is precious. I had to enlarge, not to see the quilt, but to see the various bits and pieces in it.

How nice to see your cousin with his band, Gene.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats on the finished quilt. Now you can enjoy using it. Clint Black, nice singer. Musical talent runs in the family.

Fundy Blue said...

Your quilt is wonderful, Gene! It's a lovely generous size too. I bet it will keep you warm and cozy this winter! Congratulations on completing such a beautiful and unique piece. Take care!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Fabulously colourful quilt! And your relative Jason is a good looking guy -- obviously talented as well.

Danice G said...

Gorgeous quilt, front and back. So bright and cheerful. The photo of the band is awesome, as is that Clint Black is your distant cousin.

Vicki W said...

Your quilt turned out great!

NatureFootstep said...

two beautiful quilts :)