Friday, September 29, 2023

Old Face, New Lanyard.

As we are going into October and the Halloween season I am reposting a painting that I did.  This is my Friday Face Off face. 

Morticia!

Morticia was an exercise in using a failed UGLY painting to create 
something different. Morticia is certainly different.

As I have been going to the gym fairly regularly,  I needed a way to keep up with my key for the locker. So I decided to make a lanyard with some lovely hand-dyed fabric. 
These colors will really pop when I am wearing a black t-shirt for my workout. 

I am linking up with Nicole at the Friday Face Off.





Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

14 comments:

roentare said...

Beautiful art!

Tom said...

...good for you, keep exercising and stay creative.

Iris Flavia said...

Very interesting face, she came out great.
And nice lanyard (new word learned, too!)

sirkkis said...

Sure you look smart with the lanyard 🤠
Great face👍

Jennifer said...

Nice color choice.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Now I'm thinking of The Adams Family.

Jeanna said...

I totally see Morticia, great work. The lanyard is an excellent idea for holding the locker key. And one must be fashionable while working out :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Love Morticia! And your lanyard is fabulous, the ones I see here are never really good. Happy Friday, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Good one Gene!

DVArtist said...

OMGosh I love her!!!! My kind of art for sure. A wonderful Lanyard too. Well done my friend. Thank you for joining FFO and have a wonderful weekend.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE Morticia - and your lanyard is very stylish - ;))

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Morticia is a bit quirky and a bit creepy. Gotta love her.

I am in LOVE with your hand dyed lanyard. I love you hand dye your own fabric. Some day we'll need to compare notes.

Failed to Publish. I'll be back.

My name is Erika. said...

I think both of these are great Gene. I like your hand dyed fabric a lot too. The lanyard is a great idea. Happy start to the new month when it arrives tonight.

Danice G said...

What a beautiful painting. The lanyard is really pretty and useful also. My lanyard is getting worn, so looking for another similar to it (with my alma mater NCAA university). NCAAA items are quite pricey, so may have to make my own.