Monday, August 05, 2024

A bit of quilting

I watched a replay of a live event on Free motion Circle. https://freemotioncircle.com
I was inspired to take a piece of fabric, make a quilt sandwich and go for it. 
             Front (multicolor hand painted in 2022)
                     Back (brown)
Are there mistakes, bobbles, wobbly lines? Sure there are. It isn't perfect, but it is perfectly fun and interesting. 
Art does NOT need or even want to be perfect. I am reminded of a van Gogh that I saw (a print) and said to myself "the edge of the table doesn't match up behind the vase" But I loved it anyway. And if a master like Vincent van Gogh can be happy with imperfection, so can I. (And so should you work your creations.)

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Jeanna said...

That quilting looks pretty good to me, Gene. You are a master of art yourself.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love it! And I love the fact that we are not machines. Nor are we computers. We use them, but we are free to wobble if we want!

roentare said...

The texture is fluffy looking. I just want to grab it

Vicki W said...

What fun!

Jennifer said...

I love it. It's very you

Jeanie said...

Those colors remind me of Northern Lights!