Monday, July 19, 2010

Block 11- Jelly Roll Quilt Along


I have finished block 11 of the Moose on the Porch Quilt Along. It was pretty easy to do. in the picture, the brown looks wonky. In reality it is fine.

Are you doing the quilt along? Are you up to date on your blocks? There is only one more to go and we make it into a quilt! Yaaay.








I was "called out" on my color choices for the "Stay at Home Robin" I am participating in. Kelly said I was playing "too safe"  and not using the brights I am so fond of.  So I made a new block for it. I am afraid this one is a bit "safe" too.  However, I like it lots better. I am on a purple and yellow kick. There are scraps from the Japanese Lantern quilt I am making in this too.  Sorry the pic is not great. I need to be busy doing other stuff. But this will give you the idea anyway.

9 comments:

Pat said...

Oh, gee...I forgot to look for the pattern for Block #11 today...I'll do that in a few minutes. Yours looks very nice. I'm caught up but there are still a few of mine that I do NOT like. *sigh*

Barb said...

I am trying to get caught up tonight.....four more to go...yes, that is how far behind I have been....

Kaye said...

I can hardly believe we are almost finished. Am so anxious to see them put together. Love the contrast in your block

Chartreuse Moose said...

Who would not like a quilt block with the word "moose" in the name? Block looks great...will look forward to seeing the top together! Purple & Yellow block is bold...great impact!

Joanne Lendaro said...

Can't believe that you all are just about finished with the jelly roll quilt blocks!! I've loved seeing them!! Interesting, that Pat commented that she's not that crazy about some of the blocks....I hope it all goes together for you all!!

Sharlee said...

I love your block and the fabric choices you used, I was going to do it however I have to many "irons in the fire" right now, maybe next time.. ...LOL

Janet said...

Oh Gene...I love the colors for the new SAHR....but as an LSU fan, how could I not? I love both your blocks. I'm ready to see what comes in step 2.

Narelle said...

Mmmm! I love the purple and yellow together.

Amanda said...

I like both the SAH blocks, but who doesn't love purple!