Monday, July 05, 2010

Wanna try something WILD and fun?

What would you do with this pile of scraps left over from cutting a project?   Some of these strips are less than 1/2 inch wide.

Trash bag maybe?












Well I saw that Kate North (a wonderful UK Blogger) is doing a Stay-at-home Robin  This is like a round robin, but without mailing or passing it off. You do it yourself.  Say what? It is based on a Round Robin art quilt that Kate participated in.  I thought it sounded like fun. I won't be stressed by worrying that my work isn't "up to par" AND I won't be stressed by mailing it.

The first piece was assigned and I have finished it.   I used those scraps! I did NOT cut into any yardage.  How excellent is that. (I feel GREEN! ha ha!)

Here it is. Total size 6" by 6"


That yellow strip is an eighth inch or less at the top center! This was really FUN!
You don't have to join to play, just read Kate's blog and do it. No stress.. Ahhhhhhh. 

10 comments:

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I like it....great idea. But for a guy who likes Wild Colors and Ideas....you need more wild fabric dude!!! Lots of it too!!! I can see incredible things in your future when you rip loose and combine your art with your fabric....I think you'll be giving Kaffe and Ricky a run for their money!!

Smiles,
Kelly

Chartreuse Moose said...

Thanks for the tip on the new "non-round-robin"!
Does sound like fun and like you, I'd hate to be under the stress of working with someone elses creation. Count me in! So...have you figured out who broke into your studio and stole your bright scaps...and left these??? ;-)

Kim Brackett said...

Great idea! Do you know how many of those little scraps I have? Gazillions! Love what you did with yours.

quiltmom anna said...

Sounds like fun Gene- thanks for the link - I think I am going to join up too- I am not short of scraps for sure..I have always wanted to do a round robin...
Regards,
Anna

Pat said...

Looking great so far. I have SO much on my plate right now that I can't think about doing this until, probably, the end of the summer. I'll love watching your progress, though.

Jandi said...

That looks like fun! Maybe I should stop throwing away my tiny scraps...

Janet said...

Looks fun, Gene. Can't wait for "step #2"

Sue said...

I love whay you've done with your scraps but how can I do a Non Round Robin without the pressure of someone's expectations. I need to be pushed!

Rhonda said...

Very interesting, Gene!

Narelle said...

Very clever idea!
I'm looking forward to next months' block.