Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Mail call!

All the way from Australia!  Yes. I got Aussie mail!
I had forgotten winning this.  Judy over at Judy's Fun Freebie's  had a little caption contest.The prize was this fabric box in red.  When I opened it I was surprised both because I had forgotten it, AND there was this cute potholder in it.  The potholder has cupcakes on it and the quilting goes neatly around each of them.

I was wondering what to put in the fabric box, and I thought about these round serged napkins I have. I think they look great it in.

Oh yes, the tomato is from Dad's plant and it was delish! The pickles are Mom's bread and Butter pickles. (the counter is mine, excuse the mess!)






















So - in other news, I made my Jelly Roll  Quilt along block. Interestingly the directions didn't match the block she showed...but I had printed the directions so I didn't really notice it until the correction notes came out.Too late, I had it completed and I am NOT frogging this block!.

6 comments:

Barb said...

What a cute way to display your napkins and the basket....that pot holder is so cute....lucky you! I think we all need to come and rub your head.

luv2quilt2 said...

It looks like a great way to display the fabric box, but I think I'm more interested in your bread and butter pickles! I also put my block together just the way you did, but since I'm not planning to stop at 12 blocks, I'll make the other one, as well.

Pat said...

CUTE box and potholder. I love bread & butter pickles. I bet your mom's are fabulous! I didn't know there had been corrections on the block....guess I'll have to go look and print them since I didn't do the block yet. (I will be glad when this jelly roll project is DONE!)

Anonymous said...

I love that block just the way it is! :).

ooglebloops said...

Love your winnings and quilt block. I am going to attempt making pickles this year - hope they turn out!!!! You mom's look yummy.

sewfunquilts said...

Great win, Gene, and your display for the pictures looks great! Nice way to display the napkins too! Yummy! The tomatoe/pickles look great.