Sunday, July 11, 2010

More Lanterns (and a ditty)

I had two more Asian fabrics for my quilt.  So I made these two blocks.  They are not yet squared up, but you can see how lovely the fabrics are. I am waiting for my other Asian fabrics that I am getting from Judy at Sew Fun Quilts   She has a great Etsy store with both items she makes AND precut fabrics.  She currently is selling one quilt kit that is darling if you applique.

So here are my blocks in all their glory.  I think this quilt will be AWESOME.  I am just trying to decide how it will be quilted.

Trust me, you haven't seen the last of this quilt! 

and here is the ditty! Yes me on penny whistle again.  Told you I am Irish to the core. 


13 comments:

Pat said...

I loved hearing your little ditty this a.m....and I enjoy seeing you smiling at the end, too! Your lantern quilt blocks are coming along nicely. Are you going to make this a large-sized quilt?

luv2quilt2 said...

Love your little ditty with my cup of tea. The lantern blocks look beautiful.

Unknown said...

love your ditty, your so witty, to be able to play a ditty...going to check out that applique kit

Chartreuse Moose said...

What fun, your penny whistle gave my morning coffee an extra bit of flavor! The lantern blocks will be perfect for those wonderful Asian fabrics, will showcase them in all their splendor! Thanks for the delightful blog!

Kim Brackett said...

Love your blocks. And I love the tune you played on the penny whistle. Very nice!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Real people rock....and Gene....you are a REAL person who I really like!! Good on ya mate

Smiles,
Kelly

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Your lantern block are beautiful. I enjoyed your ditty. When we were kids in elementary school, we spent a year learning to play a penny whistle. It was great fun, however we didn't get as good as you!

ooglebloops said...

I love Asian themed fabrics - this is going to be very pretty!! You need to take all your little ditty recordings and put them on a cd - I'd buy one!!!:>)

Petit Design Co. said...

love the song

Anonymous said...

I love these blocks and the Asian fabrics you are using in them. Can't wait to see the whole finished project. And what's to say about your latest pennywhistle treat? It's the most unique blog post anywhere, I'm sure!

Barb said...

Your pattern is turning out wonderful!!

quiltingnana said...

thanks for the birthday wish

Unknown said...

I love the music and the blocks! well rounded entertainment....