Monday, July 26, 2010

Update on Lanterns

The Dance of the Japanese Lanterns quilt it getting nearer to completion. I have sewn all the blocks, and joined them into one big top that still needs borders.

I would love to show you a really great picture of it, but well: It is night, it is raining and I don't have a big empty wall to put it on. So here it is draped over my sofa with stuff propping it up. It is distorted, but at least you are getting a sneak peek, right?




There are sixteen blocks that measure 18" by 18" Most of the lantern fabrics have metallic print on them. I think this quilt will be a real dazzler. It certainly looked nice on my bed, but I couldn't get a good picture of it there. (Oh wait, I didn't here either! **sigh**) Maybe by the weekend I will have a good picture for you.

14 comments:

Barb said...

Coming along nicely

Kim Brackett said...

Very nice, Gene! I like the way the blocks alternate from horizontal to vertical. I can tell a good bit from the picture, but I'm anxious to see the whole thing.

Quilting Lab said...

I agree, very nice, I like the placement also! Will you quilt with a metalic or colors on the black back ground or black thread on black or undecided or......
Well I guess your picture got my creative juices started!! HaHa

Pat said...

Looking good, Gene!

Kaye said...

Gene, I agree, that is turning into one beautiful quilt

Joanne Lendaro said...

It is looking great!! Love the design!

Bunny said...

Hey it looks great, will be fantastic when finished and quilted.

Peggy said...

Looks gorgeous!

Vesuviusmama said...

Looking good!

Just JaiCi's Crafts said...

I am loving it!

Pat said...

The fabrics are gorgeous for this. Such a wonderful job. Thank you for sharing.
Happy Quilting!

Unknown said...

i'm loving your lanterns...nice

Unknown said...

can i join the "bloggers over 50" oh wait, after this birfday in a few weeks, i'll have 15 more years.......love ya gene

Micki said...

It is just so pretty...I love the darker background!
Micki