Saturday, July 03, 2010

Chiseled in Fabric - Table Topper

Okay, so I decided to take my Chiseled in Fabric design and try those partial seams.  Guess what?  They are not hard to do.  That design is a different story.  I would definitely need a design wall to work from  if I made a quilt from it.  (not happening any time soon - no room for it)

So anyway.  I did four of the blocks and made a Table topper.  It is about 24" square.

Wanna see?

I see two "humility" bits in it.  Oh well.  I was not aiming for perfection and I certainly didn't hit it by accident. 
I did some frogging (rip it, rip it) as  I sewed some wrong parts together. So I fixed it and thought it was okay. I think it looks fine, but I see where I did it wrong....I haven't figured out the why on one of them just yet. 
Wanna see the back?  I used leftovers and did some wonky piecing. 


I think you could make little houses with the chisel pieces. 

So there ya go. I don't think I will be making the Chiseled in Fabric design as a quilt. So I won't be writing up a pattern either. 

Have a GREAT 4th of July.   

8 comments:

Pat said...

The topper looks nice. Is there not a way to lay the angled parts of the "chisels" on top of each other (right sides together) and sew and then flip so you don't need to do partial seams??

Anonymous said...

Wow, am I ever lost here! I really *love* the table topper (do not see any humility issues at all), but can't "wrap my head around" how you arrived at the finished product. Then Pat's question just confused me more. LOL!

Greg said...

I think I know the 2 "unique" parts.. shall I list 'em?

Greg said...

p.s. even with the "unique" parts it still looks great. But you always do great work.

Kim Brackett said...

Looks really good to me! I like the back, too.

Happy 4th of July!

Tangos Treasures said...

Looks good!!

Barb said...

I agree, looks good.....

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Looks like a fun quilt for a little one. Great job! I don't see any oops but I know if it were my mistakes I would see them each time I looked at the topper.