Sunday, August 02, 2009

Half the way

I did some work on my blocks for Linda's Birthday Swap yesterday. I am happy to report that I am half the way to the finish of making the dozen blocks. I am showing three of them. I didn't take such good pictures, the blocks are more square than they look here. But for the sake of sharing, I am posting them here for you to see.

I was surprised at the comments on my doodling on these. Someone said I set the bar too high. Ha! My sewing may lower that bar a bit. I don't claim to make a perfect block, but if I can manage to make them work in a quilt I am sure the other 11 in the swap can too.

After the pictures I will share a little secret.


-------*******-------*******-------*******-------*******-------

-------*******-------*******-------*******-------*******-------

Ready for that secret?

As I was laying these out to make the photos, I thought, I would love to make a quilt out of these. I mean, just keep all the ones I made and make a quilt out of them. Shame on me!
Ha, Do Not FEAR Linda, I will send them in. I won't make a quilt out of them. But I don't promise that I won't use the block design to make some more blocks. Hey, I will need more anyway when I get my friend blocks from the swap. I see this requires some more thought.

5 comments:

Pat said...

I really DO love these blocks...and will be so happy to have one of them in my quilt once Linda gets the blocks, sorts them, and sends them back out to all the participants. I still stand by my comment from yesterday that my blocks look VERY boring in comparison!

Barb said...

Wow, awesome!!! I have not even started mine...I am so bad. Maybe I will pick the material out this week? Maybe.

I love the flowers....

Gari in AL said...

I had to laugh. I, too, am in a block swap and just finished making them (as far as I can go right now). anyway, when I saw my chosen fabrics together I almost decided to keep them. Great minds?

LINDA BYLSMA said...

ooooh ooooh, ooooooh, wow! You just make a whole bunch more and get some more of your friends together for a another quilt!!!

Kaye said...

Oh Gene, I can't wait to get one of them. You are indeed talented and thanks for sharing that talent. Just think people Linda had to talk him into it, LOL. All kidding aside I am happy you are in the swap