Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Loud and the Colorful(and an alert)

After an incident with my original swap blocks, I had to start re-making them. Oh NO!

When I went to get more muslin, I decided that I had a 40% off coupon, so I looked at the Pigma Micron pens. Hmm.... look at those! A set of six pens with glorious COLOR. Now if you know me at all, you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE color. More than I intended to spend, but sometimes you have to splurge, right? Oh, did I mention a 40% off coupon??? I went for it. I believe that the new signature strips are BETTER than the first ones. Well, maybe it is the COLOR.


The Loud: There are only two things about me that are loud. My use of color and my singing voice. My speaking voice tends to be softer, but when I sing, well I let it rip. I support the tone as best I can and I blast! People who know me but haven't heard me sing are usually very surprised.

Now you know about the loud AND the colorful, so without further ado - Here are some of the signature strips!


Signature Block centers

Oh swappers, not to worry, the folds at the center are my way of marking the centers before I did the drawing to keep it somewhat centered. It will iron right out.


Oh yes. today is the last day to enter at PS I Quilt

8 comments:

C. Robin Janning said...

Gene,

These are fabulous. And I LOVE my 40% off coupons.

Pat said...

Oh..I can't WAIT to be the proud owner of one of these great signature blocks!!!

Unknown said...

look at you, drawing and all. how good you are........

rachel griffith said...

thanks for the link.
& good luck.
:)

p.s. your signature blocks are SO nifty!!!

ooglebloops said...

I LIKE them!!!! Putting those 40% off pens to good use!!!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

WOW. Sooo coooool. Mine will be quite dull, but I'm not. Ha.

Barb said...

Love them !!!!!

Royce said...

oh dear my blocks are so dull next to yours. Great freedom. I love it.

If you have an AQS membership you get a card you can use at JoAnns and get an additional 10% off all purchases even sale items.