Monday, August 10, 2009

Slowly but surely -Crazy Quilt -kinda

This quilt has been in the works for some time. It still lacks a binding, but it is all together now. i sewed the last section to the other sections today and am waiting a few days to start the binding.

This is a crazy quilt because I didn't stick with one type of block to make it. I had made the string blocks that make the big diamonds a while back. Then I started making my wonkedy squares. Then I got the crazy idea to put them all together into one quilt. Yes, those evil quilt police would probably send me away and confiscate my sewing machines - except for one thing: I live in a quilt police free dimension!

One corner flapped down as I was taking the picture, but you will get the idea anyway.
I have to say, it looks better on the bed!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the originality and uniqueness of this quilt! I even love the flapped down corner and am thinking it would be great if shaped that way.

Uniquely Yours Creations said...

I like it; I think it works!
I really like your improv
blocks.
Lin

Rhonda said...

Gene, your artistic side is really showing in this piece. It looks like it should be hung on one of those lobby walls in a hotel or office. Great job!

Rhonda said...

Gene, your artistic side is really showing in this piece. It looks like it should be hung on one of those lobby walls in a hotel or office. Great job!

Andrea said...

What - waiting to do the binding ?? That is my favourite bit of all - so therapeutic ! It's a fantastic quilt and SO unique. Well done x

Pat said...

To me, one of the best parts of a quilt like this is...it can go with any paint color and any color curtains in a room. GOOD job!!!

Libby said...

I love the contrast of the more structured string blocks and the free-pieced blocks; it's a great effect. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sarah said...

Ooooh I love all those scrappy squares!

ooglebloops said...

It's like 3 quilts in one!! Love it!!!

Gari in AL said...

There are no quilt police in Alabama. This is the home of Gees Bend, for goodness sake. LOL

Tangos Treasures said...

How awesome!!
Quilt police?? Never heard of them!

Betsy said...

very interesting. It gives it a dimensional effect. I like it.

Barb said...

Gene, that is great!!! love what you are doing with it.