Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tablerunner - Completed!

I started a new table runner after I sold the last one in my Etsy store. I finished it after work tonight. I made this one a bit wider and it came in a few inches shorter. This one is done using the envelope method. So, no binding needed. You simply layer the top, bottom and batting; sew around most of the edge and then turn it right side out. Fold in the unfinished edge, iron, then topstitch around the entire thing. You can't tell which edge was not sewn first. Then I quilted in the ditch and embellished a bit with a leaf stitch on my machine. Green isn't my first color choice most days, but with the four patch blocks I had made for the center, it was perfect.

The four patches are made with a charm pack from Moda. Apparently I have tossed the label so I don't know the collection name. The sections dividing the four patches is a bit of a Moda layer cake from the Tranquility by Sandy Gervais line.




Please, ooh and ahh to your heart's content. Ha ha.

In other news Ryan over at I'm Just A Guy Who Quilts is having a cool Give-A-way. He has a a 2010 Sewing Day to Day Calendar with over 100 projects. I entered.

6 comments:

Betsy said...

Gene, aah what a lovely tableruuner. ooh, I am off to Ryans's blog for that prize. Muchas gracias.

Greg said...

Thats a nice table runner. So tell us, which edge wasn't sewn first?

Barb said...

Wow, you are just turning out the table runners, it is great that you are selling them fast....Love it!!

Pat said...

The table runner is great..and...what's wrong with GREEN? hehehe (I love green, as you probably already know.)

LadyTulip said...

I love Moda fabrics! -- You've done such a nice job with this table runner!! Now I'm waiting for my fabric to get here in the Post...you've given me some good ideas!!

L.

Anonymous said...

Love any method for eliminating a need for =binding -- this looks great!