Monday, October 19, 2009

A Blatant Lie

Nothing ticks me off worse than a blatant lie. And using a LIE to sell me something is not smart.
I received an offer to renew "Quilter's Home Magazine" today. It had a letter from "Mark" and on the envelope said "a personal invitation from Mark Lipinski"
I was going to "wait and see" about the magazine but that pushed my buttons (don't lie to me) So I called and cancelled the subscription.

I know that Mark left the magazine on September 23rd. Sure this was probably already at the printers, but that was no reason to send it out anyway.

Sorry for the rant, but it just pushed my buttons so I wanted you all to know in case you subscribe and DIDN'T know the truth.

8 comments:

Greg said...

I've gotten 3 renewal notices. Fist one I sent back with 'cancel' on the invoice.. Second one came and I trashed it... #rd one is staring at me as I type this. I'm thinking a nice nasty gram written with a sharpie marker may get through to them. I don't know about you, but the new track that New Track Media is on is WAY off track in my book.

JustCindy said...

I agree they should not have sent that out. I'm not re-newing until I buy 1 magazine to see if I still like it.

Kim said...

I hate that too......
makes me feel like they think we are stupid!

You go Gene!

Happy Sewing

Pat said...

I hate lying, too......used to tell the kids that if they did something wwrong, to tell the truth about it. Otherwise, I'd eventually find out and they'd be in double trouble...once for the original wrongdoing and then ALSO for the lie. Do you know why Mark left the magazine? He WAS that magazine, in my opinion.

Gari in AL said...

When I got one I wrote to Mark to ask if he was back with the magazine and telling him they were still using his name. He wrote back that he is NOT with the magazine. I figure that his name is contracted to be with the magazine and they have the legal right to use it. But, I had already cancelled and kept it that way.

Ryan said...

I had no idea that Mark left the magazine. I wondered why there was no mention of it on his Quilt out Loud program.

Gene, can you fill me in as to why or point me in the right direction? I get that magazine too and am saddened by this news. I read each issue from front to back religiously! Also got the renewal invoice from "Mark."

Kim D. said...

I didn't buy the magazine, I already get 3 so I just didn't sign up. Mark is a very fun guy and made the magazine so I understand your frustration.
Hey, your fabric is fantastic, I hope you get a referral from someone in the business. Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the magazine will be just as good anyway?