Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Un-Quilted

One particular quilt top I made has never made it to "quilted" status. It is simply too big for me to quilt on my machine. Well, okay, so I really just don't want to ---mess it up. Yeah, I worked on it a qood while and the fabric is really nice stuff. These days I could piece this top a lot faster than I did, but, that is beside the point.
I will have to get it quilted someday. It is very nice and truly a masculine quilt. I still love it, but it is certainly different than my current style. I used just one line of fabrics (so not my scrappy style) and the colors are muted (so not my bright/loud style) Anywho, here is the top on the bed. Whadda ya think?
Oh, ignore the tissues sitting in the bookcase part of the headboard. (thank you)

10 comments:

quiltingnana said...

hope you do quilt it....looks good

JustCindy said...

Gene, I really like the pattern and the color combination. It is really too pretty not to finish and enjoy on the bed.

Pat said...

I think it's very nice and needs to be finished...and if you REALLY don't like it, have a giveaway for the top and let the new owner worry about getting it quilted!

Tangos Treasures said...

Looks nice, now quilt it!! You can do it with your new baby!

Barb said...

That is totally different from what you do now and yes, it is very masculine. I love it....love the colors, everything. Yep...gotta get it quilted.

Anonymous said...

I like it! Too big to quilt can always be tied. ;)

Thearica said...

Hi Gene! I found your blog a while ago but lost your link when I had to rework my blog due to email confusion. I actually found you again today while browsing the Bloggers Quilt Festival links. You had replied on someones entry.

I love this quilt! We are coming in to Alabama next weekend to visit my family for a few days. If I had this in my shop I could quilt it for you and deliver it back to you when we come.. :)

I have the panto Bear In The Woods by Dave Hudson and it would look fabulous on it!

quiltmom anna said...

It is a wonderful quilt, Gene, great masculine colors. You will come up with a good plan for it. It sounds like the previous commenter has an interesting idea for it- should you have someone else quilt it.
Hope you get to use it on your bed soon.

Regards,
Anna

sewfunquilts said...

Definitely, this one is a winner for your bed! Quilt it on "Baby", or Tie it or pay someone else to do it......but just get it quilted. Too pretty not to use it.

Unknown said...

I think you can do it!!! really......that is how I started..just winging it.....