Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What is filling my rare, spare time?

Spare time has been rare lately, and it looks highly possible that it could be more rare soon. Work is getting a bit crazy. But that is blah stuff and you aren't here for that.

I finished making the lap quilt top that I showed the blocks I call "Framed Squares"
Last night I layered the top, batting, and backing with my fabulous spray basting (AquaNet hairspray) and got started on it. When I got in tonite, I was a bit stressed so I sat down at The Baby and did a bit more. It certainly let my mind rest from the day. I feel better already. Amazing how getting in your creative groove soothes your soul, isn't it?

I am doing this in my Crazy Free Motion style. You know I have to make it up as I go. A co-worker likes to look at my free motion and find little pictures. I just laugh and let him tell me what he sees.
Here are a couple of small glimpses at the work so far:


12 comments:

Needled Mom said...

isn't it awful when life gets in the way of creativity? Nice work on the free motion.

Barb said...

Calms the savage beast for sure!!! Love how it is looking.

Pat said...

Gene...that is looking FABULOUS! Isn't the hairpray GREAT for the basting? (And so much cheaper than basting spray.)

quiltmom anna said...

What great fabrics Gene- they are really dotty VBG
It is a wonderful quilt- very fun and bright - It will be another lovely piece for someone to treasure when it is finished.
Regards,
Anna

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow!! Looks great!! You've been busy!

Anonymous said...

You are definitely in your groove with free-motion quilting. It has a unique look. This is coming together very nicely!

quiltingnana said...

hairspray...makes sense but I never thought of it....thanks for the hint

Jackie's Stitches said...

While work pays for my creative interests, it can also get in the way of them. Glad you had some time to destress!

The blocks look great. I thought I saw Bart Simpson in your quilting and then realized it was a combo of your quilting and the little circles in the fabric that made me think of Bart.

Kim D. said...

Quilting always helps relieve stress. Did you know that sewing lowers your blood pressure?? Good thing. Love your quilt and the quilting is great too. Let that creativity flow.

Petit Design Co. said...

hairspray? really? any brand or specifically aquanet? does it gum up your needle? I've got to give this a try! Thanks for the tip

Anonymous said...

This is looking fabulous!!!

fabricartist21 said...

Heh I love this quilt. Yes I can see your free motion quilting. You are one talented guy. ARTIST for sure.

I am having a monthly giveaway on my blog go in and sign up for some fun.